Saturday, September 23, 2023


 My Beef with the Affirmative Action Ruling

While I usually refrain from discussing politics on social media, I feel compelled to express my deep concern about the recent Supreme Court ruling against affirmative action. As someone who has personally experienced the transformative power of education, I am disheartened by this decision.

Audio to this blog @ https://youtu.be/VWFf2IMuLtM
Let me share a little bit about my own background: I come from a family of eleven siblings, and I take immense pride in the fact that my parents chose not to opt for abortion. Despite our limited financial means, we were able to pursue higher education thanks to the Pell Grant system. It opened doors for us and allowed us to fulfill our potential.
Now, I find it disconcerting that in America, a nation that prides itself on providing opportunities for its citizens, we seem to be turning away from investing in the education of our youth. Education is the key to empowering individuals and driving progress for our entire country.
Affirmative action has played a crucial role in leveling the playing field, ensuring that everyone, regardless of their background, has an equal chance to succeed. By dismantling such policies, we risk perpetuating inequality and limiting the potential of countless talented individuals.
Let's remember that investing in education is not merely an expense but a wise investment in our future. By providing adequate support for our children's education, we are nurturing the potential of the next generation and, in turn, fostering a brighter future for our entire nation.
I urge you all to join me in advocating for a society that values and invests in education, so that every child, regardless of their background, has an equal opportunity to thrive. Together, we can work towards a more inclusive and prosperous future for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment